James Helminski, Vice President, Director of Operations
James has served in a variety of managerial, investigative and protective assignments for the U.S. Secret Service. Mr. Helminski has been a supervisor on both the Presidential and Vice-Presidential protective details and served as the Special Agent in Charge of multiple offices throughout his 26-year career in federal law enforcement. Mr. Helminski has progressed to the highest level of federal government organizational management by entering the ranks of the Senior Executive Service (SES) and appointed to the U.S. Secret Service Director’s Staff as Deputy Assistant Director & Chief Human Capital Officer overseeing the Human Capital Division and provided overall management of all Secret Service human resources planning, policy and program development, employee benefits and payroll, and professional position classifications.
James retired in late 2015 as Deputy Assistant Director, Office of Investigations, overseeing all domestic Secret Service Field Offices and Resident Offices, directing all criminal investigations, Presidential, Vice Presidential and dignitary protective responsibilities, Electronic Crimes Task Forces, and Financial Crime Task Forces investigating cyber-crime and the protection of the nation’s financial infrastructure.
Career highlights include:
• Deputy Assistant Director overseeing all Domestic Field Office operations.
• Agent in Charge of multiple offices of the United States Secret Service to include the five state Pacific Northwest Region (Seattle Field Office) and New Mexico, (Albuquerque Resident Office).
• Direct oversight of the Vice-Presidential Protective Division, a diverse workforce consisting of 193 Special Agents, Administrative Staff and Protective Support Technicians.
• Operational supervisor on the Presidential Protective Division for Presidents Clinton and Bush.
• Managed the highly complex Presidential logistics.
• Senior Executive Service (SES); Top Secret/SCI security clearance